What is Wine + Tech + Food Conf (WTF Conf)?
On March 5th, Sedgwick Reserve (3566 Brinkerhoff Avenue) is the place to be. WTF Conf is going down. There are less than 99 spots. And you're invited.
Yes, we think WTF Conf is a very funny name. Yes, we did it on purpose. Read on.
The Santa Ynez Valley has never seen an event like this.
We're bringing the wisdom and insights of 12 world-class speakers to the Santa Ynez Valley.
This is a handcrafted event, serving local wines and food.
How Much Does WTF Conf Cost?
It's only 99 bucks. (You spent more than that on wine this week.) WTF Conf is not a for-profit event. Our goal is not to make money, it's to make a lasting impact on the community.
Why Are We Doing This?
We interviewed winemakers, farmers, restaurant owners, tasting room managers, hotel executives and small business owners and many of you had similar questions. So we're bringing in twelve of the world's best experts to specifically answer your questions.
Who Is Presenting?
Our speakers are rock stars in their fields. Not the self-proclaimed poser type, but the real deal. We've got the world's top crowdfunding expert, the guy who literally wrote the book on content marketing and a PhD in robotics from Oxford University (yes, the one in England). We've got the author of the #1 book on Facebook Marketing, an expert at Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, a irrigation-management expert and the woman leading the UCSB Smart Farm initiative and many more.
Solving local issues can have global implications.
Our speakers are coming from London, New York, Boston, Florida, Fargo, and San Francisco because they believe that investing in and solving local issues can have global implications.
What Will Be Covered?
WINE and FARMING
- Techniques for optimizing the lifecycle of the vine so that fruit, harvest and quality align.
- The importance of the UCSB SmartFarm Initiative.
- Drones, and their impact on agriculture.
- Disease detection using near infrared and thermal imaging.
- Water management and leak detection.
- Wine club management (including list management and backend systems).
- How to build the town of your dreams.
- How to harness he power of Google, Twitter and Facebook.
- Your Brand, Your Brain.
- How to leverage Crowdfunding for your next project.
- How to live your life with intention, doing work that truly matters.
- How to build a community of rabid fans who purchase.
- How to get sponsors....for anything.
- The difference between tactics and content, and why only one really matters
*****You'll enjoy local wine and beer while watching a world class drone pilot film the event. When that's done, check out the Hot Rods on display.